Congratulations to Temple Solel of Hollywood Florida‘s Tikkun Olam Committee (Chairs Scott Lewis and Stephanie Jofe) on earning the 2021 Hazon Seal Certification. The pandemic made this past year particularly challenging, and Hazon commended Temple Solel’s green team for taking actions to reduce Temple Solel’s environmental footprint and build community.
Receiving the Hazon Seal Certification demonstrates that Temple Solel is doing the necessary work of engaging our institution, building community, and fostering leadership. The increasing number and severity of weather-related disasters and the dire recent IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) report highlight the importance of climate stewardship. By participating in Hazon’s Seal of Sustainability program, Temple Solel has:
- Show both inwardly and outwardly that we are committed to this sacred work,
- Have access to coordinator support, Seal Portal tools and resources, as well as educational and programming material that Hazon and Pearlstone offer
- Take advantage of community crowdsourcing, networking, and sharing with other Seal of Sustainability Sites,
- Qualify to apply for mini-grant opportunities that support greening initiatives,
- Connect with experts in the field and partners for robust project support, and
- Have input into the addition of new program components that meet your needs.
Great job and thank you for making a difference in the world each and every day!